What is Dark Neck?
Scientifically known under the name of acanthosis nigricans, dark neck is a skin condition that manifests itself in certain body regions by skin thickening (hyperkeratosis) and her dark coloring (pigmentation). Acanthosis nigricans, is not serious in itself, but by association with the other conditions, the body can cause serious problems.
Darker skin can be a burden for those who want a radiant and white complexion. In addition, although there are a large number of people with darker skin naturally, skin pigmentation may occur as a result of high levels of melanin in the body of the skin, infections or prolonged exposure to sunlight.
There may be some genetic causes, but these are only predisposing. Hormonal factors certainly contribute to the onset and maintenance of acanthosis nigricans, as well as some exogenous substances. It is believed that the presence of acanthosis nigricans indicates the presence of an endogenous growth and pathological factor for endocrine tumor.
Combinations with other pathologies
Usually occurs in adulthood. However, in the case of insulin resistance or obesity, appear also on children. The acanthosis nigricans, is usually associated with other conditions, as:
- Insulin resistance or prediabetes, particularly in overweight or obese, including children (the most common form of acanthosis nigricans);
- Hyper insulin correlated with insulin resistance in the diabetes Type 2;
- Defects or structural damage to the insulin receptor (associated with insulin resistance and diabetes compromising the integrity of the insulin receptor, the insulin antibody typically manifests itself in conjunction with acanthosis nigricans);
- An autoimmune disease that is associated with overweight and insulin resistance (often in middle-aged women);
- Polycystic ovary, hypothyroidism, gastric or intestinal cancer.
Symptoms of dark neck
Darker skin is characterized by the appearance of hyper pigmented black colored potions on the neck level.
Home remedies to treat Dark Neck
You can reduce the dark neck effects in your home if you’ll:
1) Mix 1 teaspoon of milk powder, 1 teaspoon of honey, lemon and 1/2 teaspoon l teaspoon of almond oil. Apply the result to the neck; let it act 10-15 minutes and then wash your skin thoroughly.
2) Mix oatmeal, buttermilk and tomato juice, apply the resulting content to the neck, leave it on for 20 minutes, then clean the skin with cold water.
3) Apply potato slices on the neck. This remedy is effective in reducing the skin spots.
4) Mix turmeric powder and lime juice to remove unwanted tan.
5) Mix orange peel, dry, with little buttermilk. Apply it on the neck, leave it on for 15 minutes and then clean the face with cold water. This remedy combat dark spots and scars.
6) Leave four almonds in a glass of water overnight. The next day mix the crushed almonds, with a little milk. Apply the resulting paste on the neck and let it work overnight. The next day cleans the skin with cold water. Is it a cure for 15 days.
7) Mix 1 tablespoon of chickpea flour, 2 teaspoons of raw milk and 2-3 drops of lime juice. Apply the result of the neck skin, leave it on for 15 minutes, then clean with cold water. It is a remedy for 4 weeks.
8) Apply to the neck skin a paste of mint leaves, crushed, and leave it on for 20 minutes, then thoroughly clean the skin with cold water. It is a cure for 15 days.
9) Apply to the neck a grilled tomato mixture and 2-3 drops of lime juice, leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash skin thoroughly with cold water. Use this remedy 2 times a day for 10-15 days.
Also, you can remove the dark neck if:
1) Apply a few slices of red potato on the neck.
2) Leave a potato in cold water for 10 minutes, then slice and rub your neck as well.
3) Massage the neck with cucumber juice.
4) Apply to the neck a radish race mask. The radish can be replaced with grated papaya fruit.
5) Crush some holy basil leaves and apply the resulting paste on the neck.
Cure diet for dark neck
Although there are no specific foods that contribute to lighten skin, it is well known the fact that a healthy, balanced diet can help in getting a natural glow to the skin.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day.
- Avoid excessive consumption of processed foods, refined foods, fried foods and oily foods.
- Enter in your diet whole grains, leguminous plants, fruits and vegetables.
Other tips to avoid getting dark neck
- If you spend long periods of time in the sun, it is extremely important to use sunscreen products.
- You can choose one of the natural remedies listed below get results:
- Lemon juice – Lemon juice is the most affordable natural remedy for skin whitening. All you have to do is rub the neck skin with lemon juice every night after showering or bathing. Baking soda- to get better results mixes it with lemon juice. Apply it on the neck skin in the evening before bed.